Contact info: firstname.lastname@example.org
Office sought: Board of Education
What is your dream for Wallingford?
To have a school district that prepares our young people for the rigors and demands of life after public school.
How do we get there?
Present alternative pathways (other than college) to success. This would include but not be limited to careers in the following areas: nursing, advanced manufacturing, energy management, technology, and the building trades.
* Served nearly 10 years on the BOE.
* Served on the Policy Committee.
* BOE representative to the Plan of Conservation and Development (POCD) Committee.
* Currently serving on the Electric Bus Committee.
* Over 20 years of experience in teaching science at the high school level, both in an urban and suburban school district.
* Over 30 years of experience as an adjunct professor of science.
* Experience as a contract negotiator. This experience includes representing labor and representing management.
* First and foremost: maintaining a safe environment for all of our students and staff members.
* Maintaining a growth environment for student/staff.
* Maintaining (and expanding) an environment that exposes students to a variety of
career pathways. This should be started at the middle school level.
* Work with the community to create internships.
* Staying current with technology.
* Renovate to Green. All school renovation plans should be as energy efficient as possible